Saturday, August 31, 2024

New Year Eve And Dorothy Stratten

Good morning, Everyone!

Today is 8-31-24 and thus constitutes the "Real New Year Eve" since the following commence with September: school year, football season, cars, network television shows!

👃

I recently viewed the following on You Tube: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAlK83ZyRzs

I was fourteen years old at the time of Stratten's murder. She was prominent enough that Newsweek magazine featured her death with the weekly transitions:

"Dorothy Stratten, born Dorothy Ruth Hoogstraten, aged twenty."

I discusses the Newsweek blurb with my university student sister and some of her friends; my attitude at the time being: "How the hell can someone who LOOKS LIKE THAT have problems?"

🤣

Dumb, yes.

Suffice to say I now know better.

At the end of the above documentary Stratten mentioned what she would like to accomplish during her life and how she hoped at age sixty she could look back with satisfaction.....well those of us who are less than a year and half from a fully sixty years of age....maybe we should just be content to be here.

For me viewing the world "sunnily" is a constant struggle.

And my viewpoint predates the peer abuse activities.

I remember negative feelings at age seven and the bullying ordeals commenced at age eight.

I AM I AM I AM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment